Rules of Club London Marathon Places – Queuing System
On the 2nd Tuesday of November each year, the following first claim members of Dartford Road Runners may join the back of the marathon places queue:
- Only people who volunteered on behalf of the club at least once during the previous 12 months. Valid volunteering opportunities are, Joydens Wood Series, Cross Country marshalling, Dartford 10k, Run>Dartford or when requested by the committee, others as may be officially defined as such by the club chair or secretary from time to time;
- Only people who did not run on a club place, national ballot place, good for age place or elite place the previous April, and do not have any of these types of places currently pending following a deferral;
- Only people who can show their effort to attain a national ballot place with a refusal communication from London Marathon pertaining to the coming race.
The order in the queue of those joining will be decided by ballot.
The following people will be removed from the queue:
- Anyone who failed volunteer on behalf of the club at least once during the previous 12 months;
- Anyone who ran on a club place, national ballot place or good for age or elite qualification place the previous April;
- Anyone awarded a national ballot place, or has a valid good for age or elite qualification time for the forthcoming April race;
- Anyone who has left the club, or changed their first claim status away from the club;
- Anyone who cannot show their continued efforts to attain a national ballot place with a refusal communication from the London Marathon pertaining to the coming race.
The club members at the front of the queue will be offered the marathon places, which must be accepted or deferred to the following year. Offers can be deferred for only one year. In the event of any deferral the place is offered to the next in the queue.
In the unlikely event that we do not have sufficient qualifying runners to fill the places, we will allow those who ran the previous April on club or national ballot to rejoin the queue early.
Mike Richardson and Nicky Mooney have the 2020 Club London Marathon places.
Current London Marathon club place waiting list (at 18 December 2019):
- Mary Pitkin
- Mike Richardson
- Nicky Mooney
- Josette Hadfield
- Emily Walden
- Keith Harvey
- Lisa Campbell
- Stewart O’Toole
- Karen Nicholls
- Dave Ringrose
- Debbie Sawyer
- Sue Penman
- Jane Borrett
- Andrew Morgan
- Megan Davis
- Caroline Judge
- Darren Moss
- Gary Bignell
- Rachel Bignell
- Tim Gates
- Alex Cooper
- Emma Brown
- Ian Martin
- Charlotte Wood
- Jay Browne
- Olivia Fuller
- Rob Wells
- Dave Ballard
- Cassie Murray
- Richey Estcourt